Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Emeralds, Mike McGuire and drifting inwards against the cold



The recent cold snap here in Austin has led to a bit more than usual indoor activity for me and my family. This has of course led to evenings spent huddled around the stereo, and although the Misfits do fit a lot of occasions. They certainly do not fit every one. Emeralds, the band featured above play an interesting refit of Kosmische Musik that I have been enjoying quite a bit recently. This is not to say that I am not the kind of dork that doesn't have AshRa Temple or Cluster albums, because I certainly am that kind of dork. Emeralds just seems to take it to a new and refreshing place.
Additionally, their guitarist Mike McGuire makes some amazingly transcendent music all on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment